Raising Rabbits PEDIGREED or REGISTERED?

Well all of that sounds good, and I’ve never even had rabbit. My husband has. They raised them for meat when he was growing up. He just fed them pellets, raised them, and ate them though. So we are doing things differently. We have a carport with 3 sides closed, one end, and a door way on the opposite end. And I feed hay, and ration the pellets.
I’m looking forward to the whole process, except the physical part of culling. I dispatched the first chicken we processed, but I’m not so sure about rabbits.
I’ll join the ARBA and see what I can learn there. And I’ve been watching videos on YouTube. I’ve always been interested in color genetics, so I’m pretty excited. Even though I know it’s all a process.

Thank you all for sharing what you know :D
I have found the book Storey's Guide to Raising Rabbits by Bob Bennett to be very helpful. It addresses all phases of rabbit keeping from feeding, breeding, housing, to butchering. It isn't very expensive and it is available on amazon.com. That is where I got my copy. Butchering any animal is not pleasant. The key is just to do it and not think about it. Just break the process down into steps and do one step at a time without thinking about the next one. Works for me.

Back
Top Bottom