Hippyhenlady97

Hatching
Jun 27, 2019
Hi everyone,

So recently I adopted a few hens from a random joe who claimed to be NPIP (they were selling a few laying hens to downsize their flock)... anyway, 2 of the 4 orpington hens seem to have come with minor health issues. Hen 1 (we will call her Turkey) has a rather large skin flap that is hanging down from her neck/chest . She literally looks like a turkey. It is pink in color, and she does not have any wounds. I was just curious if it was part of her crop (because her crop kind of feels like jell-o). Do I need to put cream on it to tighten the skin back up ? Or is it probably some type of birth defect?

Also, hen 2 was a free ranger. And she looks to have been attacked by a dog or coyote . On her sides and back she is bald. And she has really deep bite mark wounds that taper off towards the back. I have been putting iodine & blue hen heal ointment on it. Any other suggestions ?

I hate that I paid for 2 hens in poor condition. But I think that I will love them all the more if I have to work for them. Thanks in advance

Back
Top Bottom