Random Questions!!

flossyfelix

Songster
Nov 10, 2016
Lumberton, North Carolina
I have 2 random questions today. I'm sure I'll have more! & everyone has a couple here & there!

1. Do you have to use clear iodine for ducks? If so...why? Can you not use baiodin? Like from the Operating Room?

And...

2. At what time do ducks lay their eggs? Or does it all very? I've never actually seen Flossy laying an egg?! I would like too see the process!

My ducks lay very early in the morning as well. I can't be sure on time. I put them to bed around 11pm and let them out at 6am. There are always eggs waiting for me.

I have an 8 month old Welsh Harlequin sitting on a clutch of 14 or more eggs she has laid and collected from her two coop mates. She is attentive and protective.
My concern is that I have yet to see a fertilized egg from the 3 dozen other eggs I have collected from these would be moms.
Do I risk creative a ruckus by stealing and candling her eggs or just hope for the best? Her brooding started almost 3 weeks ago.
All thoughts are appreciated. TIA.

I have an 8 month old Welsh Harlequin sitting on a clutch of 14 or more eggs she has laid and collected from her two coop mates. She is attentive and protective.
My concern is that I have yet to see a fertilized egg from the 3 dozen other eggs I have collected from these would be moms.
Do I risk creative a ruckus by stealing and candling her eggs or just hope for the best? Her brooding started almost 3 weeks ago.

Do you know when her "bathe time" is? Maybe steal a few then?? This is definitely a question for @Amiga @Miss Lydia I'm not really sure! I'm thinking you need to find out tho!

Do you know when her "bathe time" is? Maybe steal a few then?? This is definitely a question for @Amiga @Miss Lydia I'm not really sure! I'm thinking you need to find out tho!

Not really a question for them at all...;).....They usually lay eggs in the morning ..;).....If she leaves the nest to bath , eat or drink..:)....Take them then....My Hen who is setting eggs comes out for treats...How I counted 13 eggs ...:)
Good luck...:)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom