Random questions

Jackie-83

Songster
May 26, 2020
Alabama
My chickens dust themselves in the yard... we live in a river basin and the ground is mostly sand. Do i also need to dust them for mites? Do i put it on them directly or just sprinkle it on the ground where they like to dust. Its also very swampy here, do i need to deworm them? We have lost of pests (fleas, ticks, mosquitoes, chiggers... and so on) do i need to be actively treating for these things? How do wild chickens ever survive...? Because I feel like my girls require as much attention and care as a toddler! MOLD... ive seen lots of stuff about avoiding mold. What does mold do to chickens? My chickens free range most of the day... i am sure there isnt any mold in their coop or run but out in the pine thicket, i dont know what all is out there. Realistically how am i supposed to keep them away from mold? How do you treat a chicken for mold exposure? How would i know if they have been exposed? So many questions... please help.

Mold isn’t a big problem in woods and trees, as sunlight and animals keep it away most of the time. If it’s only a little bit of mold in a heavily ventilated space with brief exposure time they should be fine. If you see any symptoms however, that’s an issue.

Mold isn’t a big problem in woods and trees, as sunlight and animals keep it away most of the time. If it’s only a little bit of mold in a heavily ventilated space with brief exposure time they should be fine. If you see any symptoms however, that’s an issue.
What are the symptoms?

Back
Top Bottom