Random rant

It always cracks me up when people start/ or "chime in" on these threads. Yet, if you look back at all their posts you'll see just how "perfect" they are... *snicker*
It only makes them seem more the fool than the ones they are trying to put down. :lol:
It also really makes me wonder WHY they feel such a strong need to "correct" or put down others faults..? *gets out my shrink 101 book*
Think about it, Folks... ;)

Just a guess here, are the people complaining the same people that are being criticized?
Well I complain when I see people becoming picky about grammar online, and I don't recall anyone complaining about my own grammar and spelling much.

I have the strangest feeling that someone is going to start combing my posts for mistakes to point out now, and that they'll find a lot of examples to use. :oops:

OP *Carrie*, do you carry peeps..or are they YOUR peeps? Just wonderin' how you meant your name show up here on BYC... :)

Last edited:
I find this post mildly offensive.
It always cracks me up when people start/ or "chime in" on these threads. Yet, if you look back at all their posts you'll see just how "perfect" they are... *snicker*
It only makes them seem more the fool than the ones they are trying to put down. :lol:
It also really makes me wonder WHY they feel such a strong need to "correct" or put down others faults..? *gets out my shrink 101 book*
Think about it, Folks... ;)

I don't bother to correct others; nor do I make fun of a person's usage, grammar, or spelling. I don't claim to be "perfect" either.

I am simply bemoaning the lack of education and a societal reliance on autocorrect.

OP *Carrie*, do you carry peeps..or are they YOUR peeps? Just wonderin' how you meant your name show up here on BYC... :)

Both, I carry peeps (in pockets, buckets, boxes, and once in a while in my bra LOL), and they are peeps belonging to me, Carrie.

I meant my username to show up exactly as it is.

Calling out a business, especially for a service you pay for (ie. a paper), is different from bemoaning spelling/grammar errors on places like chicken forums. It is vastly different from correcting statements made about chickens and their care that are misleading or even dangerously incorrect. Honestly, reading people's spelling/grammar corrections on a forum like this are far more annoying to me than the actual mistake/error could ever hope to be. This is especially true when the person doing the correcting has errors within his or her own writing. Associating spelling/grammar errors with laziness or stupidity leaves a particularly unpleasant taste in my mouth.

Of course, people are free to do all of the above. Others are free to quirk a brow in return, or to view such corrections in a less than positive light.
hu.gif

One thing that would be nice to see is a thread that offers helpful grammar lessons and patient guidance for those asking for such guidance within the thread.
Very well said.
I can understand the frustration. I work in publishing and am surprised by the number of simple grammer and spelling errors made in emails by other people working professionally in publishing. I think sometimes people are too rushed to pay attention or care.

But, on an online forum with such a wide and open demographic I think there is room to be forgiving.

This forum is open to people of a wide variety of ages, educational backgrounds and countries. Not everyone is a native english speaker. Not everyone has had the benefit of the same education opportunities. I have met a few people on this site that have learning disabilities. It does not mean that they are "dumb." I would still like everyone to be able to participate here. I personally am pretty severely dyslexic and know that I make mistakes and that my sentences are occasionally odd. I try to proof read as well as possible but I know it probably slips through more than I want to admit. There are some words that just look identical to me even though they are not. I would like to think people will see past that.
thumbsup.gif

Some of us never envisioned ourselves ever typing anything. I did just enough in English and such to pass and then spent 30+ years forgetting most of it. I planned on being a builder and learned what I needed for that. How many of you remember the geometry you took in school ? I do because I use it. I really cant think of how petty someone has to be to get upset about someones spelling on a forum. They must have a perfect life if that's all they have to complain about.

Back
Top Bottom