Random

Morgk

Songster
Mar 29, 2020
What does everybody have for a homestead set up?
- like how many acres
- what animals
- what do u plant
- do you can or freeze?
- what’s your favorite about homesteading

I have just under 2 acres but surrounded by farm fields and woods. I have chickens and dogs and lots of different wildlife that come through my area. I plant the typical vegetable garden but none of these make it to canning or freezing, it always goes to family, friends, and neighbors. I have fruit trees and tons of flowers and one day, I will have just enough grass for the animals and everything else will be flowers.
My favorite part about my home is that it is the one place I can always come and forget about everything.

We've got 4 acres however we are surrounded on 3 sides by BLM lands totalling in the hundreds of thousands of acres.

Used to keep several parrots, horses, goats, raised trout in stock tanks, 2 dogs, quail and chickens, now I have 1 old House Chicken and 1 old Maltese dog.

I plant veggies of all kinds...tomatoes, zucchinis, beans, potatoes, and I can whatever we dont eat.

My favorite part of living here is our total isolation, no neighbors for 5+ miles, complete silence and darkest of skies at night.

ll.25 acres with no immediate neighbors. Purchased so that I could keep dogs without aggravating neighbors. Was on a dirt road when we purchased in '65 - has since been black topped. Tomatoes are the only crop that I grow, but freeze vegetables purchased from local growers. It was out 'starter' home and has become 'HOME'.

Back
Top Bottom