Rare breeds in Georgia?

meltonmb18

In the Brooder
Mar 7, 2015
Hi!
I'm new to BYC, and have been trying to find some fellow Georgians! I went to Where Am I, Where Are You thread, and right on top was "Yo Georgians!" Yay! I am looking to get some show quality birds to be able to show next Spring. I've been looking at various breeds that are on the Livestock Conservany, and would like to get a breed that needs some help in the numbers department. I started out looking for LF Faverolles, but am coming up empty. Any suggestions on quality breeds that I could get in Georgia? I'm about an hour south of Atlanta. Thanks in advance!

where are you in the south. if your close to Newnan you can try the Chatahoochee Valley Poultry Association. They put on a show twice a year all breeds. I can send you info for president. He can get you started on who has what to offer. Lots of Bantams if you are interested.

where are you in the south. if your close to Newnan you can try the Chatahoochee Valley Poultry Association. They put on a show twice a year all breeds. I can send you info for president. He can get you started on who has what to offer. Lots of Bantams if you are interested.

I'm very close to Newnan! Going with a friend to the meeting this month! I just missed the show they had in February and am so sad! Heard there were some beautiful birds there!

Yeah lots of rain though and some low temps. Set up in the cold and took down in the rain. Speak with the president fountain of info and a very nice guy. I cant make the meeting this month. I have to work. I'm not really into showing but I love it all the same.

Back
Top Bottom