Rare flock of white-backed emus sighted!

gig.gif

on another note.. y'all can keep that icky white stuff!

(it's supposed to be 78 here today )
wee.gif

Hey, E.S., tell me, seriously, do the emus seem to be having a hard time? or do they seem quite unfazed?

S.E.

Gerry doesn't seem especially bothered by the cold, though given a little time he retreats into his shelter to sit under his heat lamp every now and then. It's not so much his body that gets cold but his legs and feet seem to start to ache and bother him if he's spent too long out there, even if he's got ice frozen all over his back he'll still be warm to the touch under all that fluff, thankfully he hasn't gotten a bit frosty since I finished putting that roof over his head. Took a little convincing to get him to sleep in there at night for the first few days though.

Hey, E.S., tell me, seriously, do the emus seem to be having a hard time? or do they seem quite unfazed?

S.E.
the cold doesn't seem to faze them a bit. Even with a floored, dry shelter available, they choose to sleep in the snow...I don't see them altering their behavior at all. The female cleared the snow off the nest and layed last night, right on schedule. I collected the new egg as soon as I got home and it will be part of a shipment today to another emu farm...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom