Rarest breed of chicken in the US?

Quote:
Just curious ,
What work do think they need and what breed do you think they are?

Chris

Last edited:
I think they are exactly what she said they are: Crevecoeur.
And she knows exactly what they need.
I can hardly critque her breeding program.
I am no Crevecoeur expert.
I love the birds, though, awesome looking.
I love the Spitz also, silver spangled Spitz, what a gorgeous bird.
If I got to have one breed to just parade around the yard and look good, that would be a silver spangled spitz~
50801_img_062911.jpg

Note: this is not my bird, but a parents of eggs I was going to get to hatch last spring...what a spectacular bird !
Also has white earlobes too.

Last edited:
Quote:
Earlobes can go from white to reddish white when they age, but I have never seen a bird go from red to positive white. I have seen red become pale red during certain times of the year, but I have never seen white pigment appear after it has been red.

That has just been my experience, but I have seen lots of ear lobes in my life..

Walt

Rusty(PyncheonGuy)-I have a question for you-I hatched out a little Pyncheon Rooster(stunning little Mille boy) about 2 months ago and noticed yesterday that his legs have a SLIGHT green tint to them. Both of his parents have the pinky-tan legs. Is this possible or is it just wishful thinking on my part?
I need to send you a picture of this guy-I sometimes forget about him because he was a single chick that hatched out and he was raised with 4 Sumatra chicks-therefore, he is always hanging out with the Sumatras and in fact, THINKS he's a Sumatra. He doesn't have the tassel, sadly, but his colors are amazing! Just FYI-his name is Gomer.
smile.png
All of my little Pynchie boys have redneck names.

Hi Sheila, In answer to your question on the little Pyncheon cockerel: If both parents have white legs and he DOES GET soft willow colored legs....THEN....and ONLY THEN......both of his parents have to carry both blue and yellow leg color....pullets can get willow from only ONE dose of blue(only from the male) and yellow from BOTH parents.....but the males have to have both colors from BOTH parents to get willow or blue carrying yellow. I have seen some white leg colored birds that looked:( like maybe yellowish...willowish...blueish.....but NO....Pure for white. Please send me a photo of the little guy!!! I always like looking at Pyncheons. I finally got some photos of my birds and some of my poultry artwork posted on my BYC PAGE....check them out! Also some of my Dahlia field.
smile.png
Rusty

Thanks Walt.....I'm in the process now of doing a pair of Pyncheons (artwork) for a Florida Pyncheon friend. I've done quite an assortment over the years. Rusty

Quote:
OK, I want you to be my neighbor, Rusty-your dahlias are amazing!
Also, the artwork is beautiful-I sadly lack any kind of artistic talent and truly admire folks that are blessed with it.
That little Pynchie hen is gorgeous-the tassel is fantastic! I have a little hen that is very similarly colored, but lacks that gorgeous tassel(she has one, it is just not nearly as pronounced) and my girl has the pinky legs. She's lovely.
love.gif

Thanks for the help on my boy-if I can get him to stop chasing the ladies long enough, I'll post a picture of him on this thread(he's in love with one of my White Rock hens, go figure
roll.png
)-he does have a pretty decent bit of black on his back, which I know is undesirable, but man is his coloration beautiful!

Quote:
Could you take some pictures of your R I Whites side shots over head shots so we can see the type. You are the second person I have seen with this very rare breed. Swap eggs for the sake of the breed. Look forward to your pictures.
bob

Here's a few pics of them from the top. Not the greatest shots but no one is home today to hold them still
hmm.png
I'd gladly send you some eggs if you'd like them. The girls are lousy layers
so I'd have to send just a few at a time. Let me know!! H.

004-6.jpg

009.jpg

010-3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom