Rat/Mice waterers for button quail?

LovinMyPeeps

Sees Wine Dots
10 Years
Mar 22, 2009
Heuvelton, NY
I have two large tanks with 3 buttons in one and 2 in the other (by large I mean 30 gallon aquariums. I have the WORST time trying to keep their quail waterers clean. Can you use a regular per tank waterer with quail? Will they adapt?

They can use the small water bottles just fine, just get the hamster-sized ones so they don't get a shower in the process
tongue.png

Quote:
Ok so then I'll pick up a couple with the little roller balls in the stem. They goo their water so fast, and run through it, not cool.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Small Roden Water Bottles!
bow.gif

The quail figure them out on their own and they attach easily onto the side of their pens.
smile.png

I had the same problem as you, my buttons were making a huge water messing in their pen and getting all of their shavings/food wet and soggy. Switched to a roden water bottle .. that stopped ... but now I'm having food issues ..
roll.png

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Small Roden Water Bottles!
bow.gif

The quail figure them out on their own and they attach easily onto the side of their pens.
smile.png

I had the same problem as you, my buttons were making a huge water messing in their pen and getting all of their shavings/food wet and soggy. Switched to a roden water bottle .. that stopped ... but now I'm having food issues ..
roll.png

I've done well with a rabbit food hopper from TSC. I also put in their dish of grit. Been trying to watch them tonight to see if they drink.​

Quote:
I've done well with a rabbit food hopper from TSC. I also put in their dish of grit. Been trying to watch them tonight to see if they drink.

I have one in one of my button pens, they like to sleep in it ....
hmm.png

I use small chick waterers for my quail, buttons and Coturnix. When they are getting a little bigger and making a mess of their water, I set the waterer on top of an small upside down food dish. When it is not sitting flat on the floor they can't get nearly so much gunk in it.

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

I also use chick waterers, I put them up on bricks ... but somehow they still get shavings poo etc into the trough?
he.gif

Unbelievable! The gerbil waterers have been in there just a couple of hours and they figured them out! Smart little boogers. I love my buttons. This will make their care soooo much easier
big_smile.png

Quote:
Unbelievable! The gerbil waterers have been in there just a couple of hours and they figured them out! Smart little boogers. I love my buttons. This will make their care soooo much easier
big_smile.png

Awesome!!!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom