RCOM incubator

anjaneep

In the Brooder
7 Years
Oct 6, 2012
Hey guys! i was wondering if anyone has hatched chicken eggs in the rcom incubator. i was also wondering if there is a very low price on it, because that incubatorseems perfect to me do you know if it is?
yippiechickie.gif
i love baby chicks to see what im talking about visit :pandpoultry.co.uk

and eckorea.ecplaza.net

please hhelp me im a real chicken lover

Last edited:
the one that holds up to three eggs
the small portable one
its the rcom mini

Last edited:
It's okay too experiment with but has no insulation so the temp and humidity vary alot. You would be better off with one of those foam bators and for just a few eggs, steady the temp with some water filled balloons. Since the one only holds 3 eggs, with the variability, you would have a good chance of only one or two hatching. IMO

ok thank you ill look for other most likly ill use the one i already have

alright thank you guys u know today was christamas and my family bourght me a parakeet so uh ya thanx

Unless you can find a hovabator, don't buy the Little Giant incubator. I don't wanna be the only person on this thread to disagree with the Little Giant incubator hatch rates, or successes, but the Little Giant is a waste of your money. I have added a fan to the one I have and it still didn't make much of a difference. I did purchase the Rcom 3-egg incubator. It holds temperature perfect. I have hatched only chicks in it. I bought it with the intentions of getting a few rare pheasant eggs, or even hatching parrots or parakeets in it. I really like that it turns the egg every hour, which keeps the embryo very well exercised throughout the incubation. I agree that the styro foam incubators are usually cheaper, but if you can find a used Rcom mini, which I have seen a few on ebay for about $50 then you should get it. If you can find a hovabator for a decent price though, I would choose it over the other 2 incubators because of it's size and the fact that it uses a wafer thermostat and wafer thermostats are thermostats that have been relied on for 90+ years, because of their accuracy, and they work mechanically and won't burn up like the electronic thermostats.

Whatever you choose, GOOD LUCK, and I hope you can have a great hatch!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom