Re- home needed for Pionus parrot and green cheek conure

packmomma

Songster
10 Years
Mar 10, 2009
Argos, IN
A friend of mine had me take her birds because she couldn't care for them any longer due to physical limitations. They have been together for 8 years. I need to re-home them. One is a pionus parrot named Harley and the other is a green cheek conure named Ranger. Our house is small and I feel bad always leaving them in a cage. They love to be out and together but when they are out they are eating my home! We also homeschool and these little guys are quite loud. I would like to find them a home where they will be with other birds and the person is very knowledgable. They are free to a good home and come with cages. They at one time were caged together but because the bigger one picks on the little guy I thought it not wise to keep them together since they are in a cage more than they should be. Harley will eventually step up once he gets to know you but Ranger will not. He will ride on your head if you have Ranger though. If you know of anyone o r can take these guys please let me know. Thanks.
I live in Argos Indiana BTW

There are parrot rescues that rehab and train parrots AND PROSPECTIVE OWNERS so that they will have a better chance at retention and a happier life. Most prospectives have no idea what they are getting into with birds as intelligent as parrots, and the parrots lose.

I would take the little buggers in a heartbeat if I lived near you. We have cockatoos, an African Grey, and used to have a Sun Conure. I love the noise! Sure do miss my little Julian shrieking his good morning.

Hope you find someone to love them soon.

Ill take them but I'm not in your area I'm a stay at home mom so they won't get lonely and pull their feather out... My husband has wanted birds for years but we haven't had the place for them. We just moved to a much bigger house that has the perfect spot for two birds that would be right in the center of the main traffic flow so always seeing people is important to them. My grandmother had a conure he was very smart and sweat loved to give kisses and say his name lol please pm me if you do decide to ship them...

Back
Top Bottom