Ready for my eggs

debbai

Hatching
6 Years
Oct 31, 2013
Oregon Coast
So I have 6 eggs coming and an incubator. Then my paronoid mind starting freaking out about the chance the incubator would not get here in time, then what would I do.. so I prepared a plan b. I made my first incubator and now I know I will be ready when my eggs come. I am still monitoring the temp very closely; I am using a 40w bulb that is on a dimmer (could not find a 25w anywhere) the temp went up to 109! yikes. so the dimmer is turned down to about 1/4 of the way and now I think I can keep the temp in range. I would like the humidity to raise some though, already have two bowls in, might need a third.

That looks good but I don’t see a fan. If you don’t have one the temperature will vary quite a bit depending on the height. You need 101.5 F at the top of the eggs if it does not have a fan.

It might be fun to put that thermometer at different heights in there and see how much difference elevation does make after it stabilizes.

Thanks for your input; I have been debating alot about a fan; I think I probably will do that. Where is the best place to put it?

Thanks

Thanks for your input; I have been debating alot about a fan; I think I probably will do that. Where is the best place to put it?

Thanks
If you can I would do behind the bulb. It should spread the heat better and same for all the eggs. :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom