Really bad day deserves a really long rant

Ugly Cowboy

Songster
11 Years
Apr 25, 2008
Corn, OK
Ok, first thing's first... Got up this mornin to feed one of my bosse's (got 2 dif. bosses) cattle, sheep, etc., (he stayed in the city overnight for Dr. visit) only to find that my folks (who was visitin) took my keys with 'em last night. So, short of hitch hikin, there was no way to get over there (lives a ways away.) So he's p*ssed off, I might get fired, don't know yet (he's got the worst temper I've ever seen, so I won't know for sure till he calms down a little) and he's the kind he might very well tell everyone he knows about it and twist it around a bit to make it sound like I was just lazy or even worse, so I don't quite know how this is gonna turn out. I've NEVER had this happen before, and if there was any way I could've got there this mornin, I woulda. So anyway, I called my folks and told 'em I needed my keys, by the time they got here it was around 3:00. So I call my boss to ask him if he was still in the city or not, well he was home, asked if I fed his stock, I told him what happened and offered to come do it then and he went crazy. So I don't know what quite to do about this sh*t.

Then, the folks who own the land around mine let the water run for several days and nights non-stop (bad float in the tank probly,) I kept callin and tellin him about it but he never done nothin, so I finally went over and turned the switch to that off myself a while ago, cuz I have no water whatsoever now (the pump's got pressure, I checked that.) So that means I probly gotta dig a new well, with what money I've no idea. I'll probly have to sell most everything to do that.

I've gotta go to my folks place tonite, and there makin one of my all time favorite things, but I sure aint hungry. As it is, I'm stressed to the point that I'm so dizzy I caint hardly stand up, I've been pukin for the last hour, I'm seein all sorts of colorful little shimmers (not like when your about to get knocked out, kinda differant then that,) and everything in my body's hurtin to where I caint hardly stand it. I can think of only two things worse than the day I've had today. I love my job, and I sure don't wanna lose it. I don't blame him for bein mad I reckon, but he should know by now if there was a way I'da found it. I've worked for him for a while now and I aint never let him down before, why he thinks all of a sudden I'm gonna start now, that's what gets me. He's got a real temper on him and he's good at holdin life-long grudges (trust me, he's told me about folks he won't do business with now that made him mad when he was in his 20's, and he's 76 now.) Sometimes he gets over stuff fast, other times he never will, so pray for me a bit, I'm gonna need it.

So, there's my day. Told ya it was long, didn't I?
wink.png
Sometimes ya just need to gripe a while, ya know? I'll post if I'm fired or not when I know, might be a few days or it might be a hour, never know.

P.S. I aint sayin I don't like my boss cuz I do, he's like a Grandaddy to me sometime. So I aint tryin to hurt him or nothin, I just know if he stays mad I'll be lucky if I get another job around here... If the folks he tells know his way though I'll have a good chance at another job. So I wasn't tryin to make him out to be the bad guy, just tryin to clear things up.

Last edited:
In the first place, there is no way he should have gone off on you like that. Life happens to us all. I'd say he is a mite bit unreasonable.

You have all my sympathy for what you are going through. I had my fair share a few months ago....
hugs.gif
I will keep you in my prayers.

I hope tonight is better. If he was at the doctor, he's probably got that on his mind. About the well...not sure. Why the heck would they let the water go like that? I had a bad float, but I still checked on my livestock everyday...Do you share a well with them?

fl.gif
fl.gif
Hope things get better Cowboy
fl.gif
fl.gif

Well, I think I got good news... He found out about my well problem (I have no idea how) and came over to look at it, and he brought me 2 coolers of water, and acted like nothin ever happened... So I guess I still got that job, he aint said otherwise!

About the dizzy/sick thing. You probably haven't eaten a thing all day and I bet you didn't drink much either. You're probably both hungry and dehydrated. Been there, done that. And in those conditions it doesn't take but one or two times paying homage to the porcelain gods to get dizzy and see spots.

Try to eat a little something and have something to drink and see if you don't feel better.

I'm glad it looks like things will be okay with your job.

Sarah

Quote:
LOL Ok, I'll try. Rootbeer floats always used to make me feel better when I was sick, wonder if thats all in my head?
wink.png
tongue.png

And thanks!

Last edited:
Your boss knows a great worker when he sees one and he isn't going to let ya go......might go off on you, but people never want to lose good workers!

Sorry you are so sick! flat ginger ale and plain crackers if you can works best for me...and lie down, relax, put on the tv and veg out, sleep.....take care and hope you get to feeling better fast!

that was one rough day!

Back
Top Bottom