Really strange...

tofumama

Songster
10 Years
Aug 12, 2009
In the Shadow of a Mountain MA
My mutt Roo has a couple of odd things going on.

He has had brownish loose poops for a few days. Starting today, he had been limping and not even wanting to put wuch wt. on one leg. When I picked him up to check him out he seemed like he was 'gulping air', is the only way I can think of to describe it. He also has lost alot of the feathers on his neck but they broke off sort of...the quill part is still there, but the feathery part is gone. I have him isolated in our broody hutch(rabbit cage fixed up for when hes go broody) with a thisck towel to walk and sit on along with the nesting box full of soft shavings, plus food and water. He went right in the nexting box and nestled down. He seems calm now but...eh, I amjust worried! None of the other chickens are ill, or off in any way so...not sure what is up with him. I just had a chicken pass away 2 weeks ago(natural causes) and it was awful. Not sure I could take another so soon. Any thoughts?

I agree, sounds like an attack or could he have been "stuck" somewhere in the coop/yard were his neck could have been pinched? Loose stool from stress, leg injury from struggling? Gulping air can be stress or respiratory. How is he doing today?

Back
Top Bottom