crkaufman

Hatching
Jul 16, 2023
My duck
🦆
was really sick last couple of months Vet said there’s no cure for her red blood cell parasite
🦠
(and nothing about this online) she got from a mosquito
🦟
bite I prayed and prayed not expecting a miracle but asking for wisdom to know what to do for her and support her I thought about it for a while and it reminded me of malaria with humans - ivermectin got an award for helping humans with it so I thought heck maybe it’ll help hers or at least potentially make her feel better At this point my duck had lost even more weight after the initial vet visit as shown in paperwork she was about three pounds at this point when I ordered the medicine she was less than 2 lbs and could walk barely walk three steps and her legs would give out due to the loss of healthy red blood cells as shown in the blood work paperwork pictured. I went online and ordered ivermectin gel meant for a horse and dosed it down to her little body weight. Nothing happened for another week, then suddenly she could take a few more steps, get a little food down, start quacking again and over time her weight can back and she’s running to the pond
🥹
I took her back to the vet and the vet was in complete shock. Her parasites
🦠
in her red blood cells are down to 3% Since then I’ve done another round of ivermectin to kill off that last 3% She’s since molted and started laying eggs again and back to her old self!
And if you know of any organizations or pages this could benefit please share! I told God if he helped me I wouldn’t keep this a secret but use her story to bless and save over ducks
🦆
including our wildlife ones who’ve been hit with this parasite more in the last few years.

Attachments

• 7F14D11D-ED0B-44CE-A9D1-25DD81CA71B8.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 3
What a wonderful story. I am so happy that your little Call duck made a recovery and is doing so well now. Ivermectin is a wonderful drug doesn't only kill parasites in animals but humans too. Praise God he gave you the wisdom to know what to do for her. I will book mark your post in case someone else comes along with this problem. AND
Welcome to BYC.

Back
Top Bottom