red eyed Coturnix chick

Albie is gorgeous!!! So are all his brothers and sisters. Keep posting pictures please. Can't wait to see them all grown up.

Albie has made it to 3 weeks old.

And now I think "he" might be a "she" because all the other bubs that are male have rusted chest spots now but Albie still has the same coloured spots

Grey boy I'm keeping

Albie from the front :)

Last edited:

Update on Albie!
All feathered out.

She likes to snuggle up with me and go to sleep in my hands or held under my chin.
She sometimes climbs inside my jumper sleeves, just pushes my hand until i slide it up and she crawls in!

She has no fear at all, not of us walking around while shes on the floor, or of my 2 cats.
I think she is a little bit 'special' she is not all there, probably from her near death experience. Regardless, she is everyone's favorite.

She's outside now with the rest when its not raining. I bring her in when its too windy and cold because the other 4 week bubs are fatter than she is, shes 200g while my biggest lady from the hatch is 272g. She feels the cold a bit more and often likes to sit on her own instead of in the pile of siblings.

My cat thinks she owns the place.

My subsequent hatch did not have any ruby eyed babies.
However i did get another small one the same colour and size with the same sparse feathering. It has a dark ruby pupil and a bluish iris.
Ill need to get a good camera to try get the eye colour to show as i cant get a good picture of its eyes.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom