red line

julieleonard

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jan 18, 2013
Brooksville Florida
I candled my 13 eggs .. this is the 11 day yesterday i had all 13 squirming around today i candled i only have 6 left that are still moving and have good veins. what causes them to turn into a red line?
somad.gif

From reading so many threads, I think it could be a number of things, most likely some genetic issue, though. I'm sorry. Maybe if you give them a few more days and candle them again, they'll surprise you.
fl.gif

The red line is called a blood ring. It forms when chicks die, so those with a line around them are finished. It might help if you would NOT candle so much. If you did it yesterday, why did you do it again today? Handling can damage chicks too, especially early in the incubation process. Hatching is about patience, no matter how much we want to see whats going, sometimes we can do more damage than good. I'm not saying you hurt them, it could well have been something else. Candle on day 7, day 14 & day 18 (the day you put them into lockdown} You don't need to see them "wiggle". You candle just to make sure they are fertile & growing.

The red line is called a blood ring. It forms when chicks die, so those with a line around them are finished. It might help if you would NOT candle so much. If you did it yesterday, why did you do it again today? Handling can damage chicks too, especially early in the incubation process. Hatching is about patience, no matter how much we want to see whats going, sometimes we can do more damage than good. I'm not saying you hurt them, it could well have been something else. Candle on day 7, day 14 & day 18 (the day you put them into lockdown} You don't need to see them "wiggle". You candle just to make sure they are fertile & growing.
What does the red line look like?

Quote:

Quote:
Now I'm confused
lau.gif
Didn't you post the first quote? Well, I answered that & now you ask "what does it look like"? It looks like what you said was in the eggs. It is a line around the top of the yolk , it generally goes completely around the egg, on the inside, of corse
smack.gif

Back
Top Bottom