Red star Chickens.

rangertim

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 22, 2009
Has anyone on here ever had any red star chickens?If so are they a good breed of chickens? Thanks.

Redstar is a certain red sexlink cross (can't remember which off the top of my head) but I have a red sexlink and I think she's my best chicken!

Favorite anyway, very sweet and friendly, seemingly fearless, top of the pecking order and buddy with my rooster. She lays nice brown eggs with a darker yolk than my Leghorns ever lay (even though they all eat the same). I think she currently averages about 6 eggs a week. She also has very soft feathers compared to my other birds.

i have 4 redstars along with over 100 birds. the redstar is afriendly bird who likes to chatter alot when tending and feeding. i prefer bigger birds with more personality but thats just me. ihope this helped

I just posted I think mine is a red production, posted pics and they say looks like red star, and sounds right, shes the same way and I looked all over Ohio Nationals and saw nothing else that looked like her. She is the BEST

She just started laying 10 days ago and I have gotten 10 eggs!!!! I give her treats and tell her she is my girl and she just talks and trys to get me to let her come into the house..... she has not gotten further than the garage so far! LOL

This is Chicken Nugget and she will live out a long life I hope on our farm as a family pet. (great large brown eggs everyday)
25749_party_026.jpg

missfitch, your hen is a red sexlink or a golden comet. I bought 7 of them tonite.

Back
Top Bottom