Refrigerating eggs

Allie3513

Chirping
Mar 3, 2015
Arkansas
Not sure where this goes, so I am asking here. How long are farm fresh eggs good after refridgeration?
How long can they sit out before going to fridge? Does sitting out add to natural expiration date?

We keep ours indoors, no ac in the house, but it stays about 75 or cooler in summer. We use them up in about 2 weeks. If we do put some in the fridge, we leave them there until used up. If it gets warmer than 80F, we store them in the fridge.

Quote:
Yeah, I would agree. If your refrigerated eggs are going rotten in only a month, then something is wrong with your fridge. They should last MUCH longer than that, at least 3-4 months. No one who owns chickens keep eggs that long though (because they don't need to), but the big commercial egg companies do.

I was going to say aren't store-bought eggs already at least three months old?? Gross. I've also noticed that the boulder a egg is the easier it peels when you hard boil them. I keep a couple dozen in the back of the refrigerator for at least two months before I even attempt to boil them otherwise you waste so much of the white

Back
Top Bottom