Regular or giants? Chicks

Danny C.

Songster
Jan 10, 2018
I have so giant hens and regular bobwhite hens. Chicks are only a few days old and zooming around, but here’s my question, at what age can I tell if are regular or giants? Think by 2 weeks when feathers start coming in I can tell male/female.
Thanks for all responses.

Attachments

• 77CE1593-11E1-4AA3-9084-8C46899F0F32.jpeg
    77CE1593-11E1-4AA3-9084-8C46899F0F32.jpeg
    522.4 KB · Views: 7
I have giants and butler bobs. Never had chicks at same time to compare.

But as far as sexing for sure I would say about 6 to 8 weeks. For 100 percent accuracy.

BW chicks are hard to sex when young. Wait til they start to develop the white markings around the face to tell male from female. As far as giant or not i dont know. Large eggs can mean big chicks i guess. I have jumbo BW and some of my females are larger than some roos. I think its the egg size that matters.

BW chicks are hard to sex when young. Wait til they start to develop the white markings around the face to tell male from female. As far as giant or not i dont know. Large eggs can mean big chicks i guess. I have jumbo BW and some of my females are larger than some roos. I think its the egg size that matters.
Sorta figured would see better sexing with feathers in. Will be good to see if some chicks are noticeably larger than others in few weeks. Had both types all together so not sure which are which yet.

Back
Top Bottom