Reintergrating a 10 week old chick

Shaunassy

Chirping
Apr 2, 2016
Fl
Hello, i have a 10 week old chick that lost the back of its scalp and neck to a pred. She is on the mends and soon will be able to rejoin her 5 brothers/sisters once she is completely healed. My question is how to reintergrate her as she has been seperate and out of sight for a almost a month now. I tried today to let them free range in their 16x16 broody pen together but they viciously attacked her as soon as i put her down and went for her little scab.:( no blood was drawn but whats the best way to reintroduce her? Also she will be bald for quite awhile the vet said if not for the rest of her life, will they peck at her white/bald spot?she is black so you can deff see it. Thanks for any help in advance.

I say put her in a crate with food and water and place her in the coop. The others will only be able to see her not touch her.

In the beginning the others might pace around the crate trying to get to her. Don't let her out until they don't do that, or they at least calm down. They may peck at her so I recommend letting it heal a little longer.

Back
Top Bottom