Reintroducing Chicks Today.

QuackerOats

Songster
9 Years
Apr 8, 2010
( I originally posted this in another category, however I don't think I posted it in the right one. )

A friend of mine had 8 chicks hatch on April 1. They said they had a "mean one" and they couldn't keep him with the other chicks. So, they gave the "mean one" and another chick to me on April 2. The chicks that were separated have not seen each other since then. My friend is coming by today to give me the other 6 chicks, because they cannot keep them any longer and I decided on keeping some (future) hens.

Do I need to gradually reintroduce them back together? Or will it be like they never forgot each other?

By the way... the "mean one" really isn't that mean... he seems fine, maybe not growing up fast enough actually. He seems a bit slow.

Thanks!

Put them together in an "unfamiliar environment" if possible and when the lights are low.

Wanted to tell you that I had one "mean chick". Had to separate her for 4 weeks and raise her by herself. So sad. But when she matured, I gradually introduced her to the others again (2-3 hours a day) and she turned out fine. She's a silver-laced Wyandotte and really beautiful! Good luck!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom