Reintroduction: Ohiki Breeder & Returning Member

View attachment 2543838Good evening! After a long hiatus from the backyard chickens site, I am returning to engage with fellow flock keepers on this site and am looking forward to making new friends here. I have been working with chickens for about a decade, and have been focusing specifically on breeding Ohiki for 5-6 years now. They are a true bantam longtail breed that originates from Japan. I have bred some colors unique to the US: a crele line and a fibro-melanistic line of Ohiki. I also have been producing some cree Ohiki in recent years. Please let me know if you have any interest in adding Ohiki to your flock. I would be happy to be of assistance. We need more Ohiki breeders in the United States!

View attachment 2543838Good evening! After a long hiatus from the backyard chickens site, I am returning to engage with fellow flock keepers on this site and am looking forward to making new friends here. I have been working with chickens for about a decade, and have been focusing specifically on breeding Ohiki for 5-6 years now. They are a true bantam longtail breed that originates from Japan. I have bred some colors unique to the US: a crele line and a fibro-melanistic line of Ohiki. I also have been producing some cree Ohiki in recent years. Please let me know if you have any interest in adding Ohiki to your flock. I would be happy to be of assistance. We need more Ohiki breeders in the United States!
I had never heard of Ohiki! I recently bought a few. Mom, Dad and 7 of their young ones. I have been trying to find information on them. The gentleman I got them from had got them off of eBay. He bought 3 eggs that he hatched! I have found I am quite interested in the little bundles of joy! Prior to this, I just like my pet chickens. I have several! My Ohiki are in a separate coop! I am quite surprised at how quickly I have taken such a liking to them. I am in Ohio! Before I really jump into anything, I would really like to learn as much as possible about them. I certainly would like to jump right in. But I want to do this the proper way. Is there any information that I should know about the breed? It may be a few months before I have everything set up! But if I do this I have to do it right.

Thank you!

I had never heard of Ohiki! I recently bought a few. Mom, Dad and 7 of their young ones. I have been trying to find information on them. The gentleman I got them from had got them off of eBay. He bought 3 eggs that he hatched! I have found I am quite interested in the little bundles of joy! Prior to this, I just like my pet chickens. I have several! My Ohiki are in a separate coop! I am quite surprised at how quickly I have taken such a liking to them. I am in Ohio! Before I really jump into anything, I would really like to learn as much as possible about them. I certainly would like to jump right in. But I want to do this the proper way. Is there any information that I should know about the breed? It may be a few months before I have everything set up! But if I do this I have to do it right.

Thank you!
OhikiDonna - nice to hear from another person who has Ohiki! I apologize for the delayed response. I'm going to attach a couple of documents for your reference that outline the Standard of Perfection for the breed. Please don't hesitate to ask me questions. I will be happy to be of whatever help I can. We need more serious Ohiki breeders in the US!

Attachments

• Ohiki_Akazasa_ JapaneseBreedStandard.pdf
    149.8 KB · Views: 6
  • ohiki_japanesestandard.pdf
    199.6 KB · Views: 7
OhikiDonna - nice to hear from another person who has Ohiki! I apologize for the delayed response. I'm going to attach a couple of documents for your reference that outline the Standard of Perfection for the breed. Please don't hesitate to ask me questions. I will be happy to be of whatever help I can. We need more serious Ohiki breeders in the US!
Hello hello! I have 5 ohiki and one of my hens hatched three chicks this spring! I think one of her chicks might be albino—it’s perfectly blonde, whereas the other 2 are the normal golden color with black markings. It’s nice to meet other Ohiki lovers!

296B68FE-DCAF-4EA1-8801-1709219C71F7.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom