Rent a Chicken business is thriving

This is from today's Washington Post.  This guy runs a business renting hens and coops to people.  Pretty ingenious!

http://tinyurl.com/norcndo

We were considering
Rent a cock
And people can bring their hens to be breed with my cockerel, he's only seven weeks at the moment
Its a future business plan!

And
How do you like you eggs
A business incubating eggs for people

Move over Alan sugar( have you heard of him in U.S.?) maybe richard Branson would be a better example

lau.gif
We have our 4 girls from them right now! Rented 3 chickens and a coop 4-5 weeks ago to see what we thought...would I be allergic, could I handle their care, would the kids love them and tend to them???? Turns out Im actually NOT allergic to an animal!!!
wee.gif
The kids and I love them AND they help tend to them! The eggs are not a bad bonus! Love them so much that we ordered 6 chicks that we're now raising. Soon we have to give up our rent-a-hens and Im super sad. Thinking about keeping 2 of them, Concerned about integrating the docile hens in with our 3-4 week old chicks....

The little girls have been in their run all day for the past 4 days and the hens free range. Theyve checked them out, but the 2 I want to keep arent too interested...at all....trying to figure this out...

BTW, its a brilliant business plan. They make coops, so you rent the chicks and coops, really in hopes that youll keep them and the coop. Sadly, Ive seen a handful of their hens and coops on craigslist...it was a fun year, but we're over it....but they make a pretty penny...while city/school/suburban folks get to live the chicken life. :)

I recommend not renting out your cock birds, that's asking for serious infection and biosecurity risks.

Dam it! What about my husband? I could rent him out :p
Do people artificially inseminate hens? I was told that if hens don't like the cockerel they can expel the sperm?
Very clever
Seriously I never thought about my poor cockerel getting ill from being a stud, because you see it with dogs/ cats I thought it was ok for chickens

:lau We have our 4 girls from them right now! Rented 3 chickens and a coop 4-5 weeks ago to see what we thought...would I be allergic, could I handle their care, would the kids love them and tend to them???? Turns out Im actually NOT allergic to an animal!!! :weee The kids and I love them AND they help tend to them! The eggs are not a bad bonus! Love them so much that we ordered 6 chicks that we're now raising. Soon we have to give up our rent-a-hens and Im super sad. Thinking about keeping 2 of them, Concerned about integrating the docile hens in with our 3-4 week old chicks....

The little girls have been in their run all day for the past 4 days and the hens free range. Theyve checked them out, but the 2 I want to keep arent too interested...at all....trying to figure this out...

I think that is its biggest selling point, you can see if chicken keeping if for you without the massive outlay and upset if it isn't
Great idea love it

Instead of renting, would it be perfect if I sold a coop and chicken ready to lay.How would such work out.

I would offer all angles. Rent, Buy, Rent to Own...exhibits, school projects etc... Selling the whole package "as is" seems the best way to avoid liability issues though.

City Slicker Special:
2 hens, 1coop w/ waterer & feeder $200
add a run- add $50

Put an add on FB, and a couple in some newspapers and watch 'em come a runnin'!!!!! Lol

Back
Top Bottom