Rescued abandoned chicken - has white butt, barely eating, watery yellow poo w black pieces

Check this thread and it's embedded links. The info in here makes it look bad, but I'm wondering if this could be a side effect of all the trauma Thelma just went through. It could be that her recovering oviduct is just healing and these masses are a byproduct of that. It could also be that the masses were what gummed her up to begin with, and you may be looking at a recurring issue. My opinion is to go with the best-case, but be wary of potential other issues.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/639749/timeline-of-internal-laying-update

Thanks Emily and Kyzmette! She has been doing great these past few days! Great! One day at a time eh! They are so funny! I went out to the green house and they ran so fast they flew after me! They make me laugh! Oh it is so good to laugh!!! I went outside, sat in a chair and watched them stretch and groom. It was like a form of meditation! Peace of mind can come from the strangest things!

Your very welcome, glad she is doing well, no need for therapy costs eh! :) I'm sure when spring comes around, it will be time for an order of chicks
jumpy.gif
and their digs need revamping, its addicting. :)

It's called Chicken Therapy. It makes everything right with the world. I'm so glad to hear Thelma is doing good, and is doing you some good, too!

I've had everyone moult, everyone old enough in 3 flocks - that's 26 chickens ... Except one.. Penny. Penny decided not to moult and then changed her mind and decided to have an extreme last minute moult !! She shakes herself and feathers literally rain down lol. It's quite funny to see her really as normally she's one of those chickens come mud, snow, hail or storm will never ever have a feather out of place. Her feet are always clean, she tiptoes through puddles, but at the moment for once she looks like she's been dragged through a hedge backwards !!

I'm giving her cat food in the morning for the protein boost bless her and I've told her feathers quick or it's a jumper :D

Loved your story Shabana! There is a huge smile on my face! PENNY! blessings to you for being you!
love.gif
They have such personalities eh!

I clicked on your name as you are across the ocean from me! England - Wow...and I am glad to read that Pudding is still with us!...you have been on quite an adventure too with these feathered friends!

I never imagined that I would get so concerned and attached to a couple of hens! But they are such a delight! They make me smile...this website is such a great support system too.

It was a cute read Shabana!

Shelly

Back
Top Bottom