Rescued ducklings won't eat

My Runner ducklings loved scrambled eggs. you may have to put some on the tip of your finger and put it up to their bills so they can try it. Mama ducks always have to show her ducklings where food is at the beginning.

I rescued 7 ducklings that are like a few days old and they won't eat. How can I encourage eating?
I was just looking on here because we rescued one baby duckling that is probably now almost 3 weeks old. She would not eat very well the first few days, but quickly she started to eat in water just fine. Fed her fresh greens, broccoli heads, crushed up dried mealworms, other small veggies, she loves tomatoes, but had to chop them up super small and put them in the water then change her water often. She is now starting to eat starter and steal cut oats along with the twice daily ration of fresh greens and veggies. I sprouted some wheat, she liked that too. It all just has to be so small for her to fit in her beak.

I was just looking on here because we rescued one baby duckling that is probably now almost 3 weeks old. She would not eat very well the first few days, but quickly she started to eat in water just fine. Fed her fresh greens, broccoli heads, crushed up dried mealworms, other small veggies, she loves tomatoes, but had to chop them up super small and put them in the water then change her water often. She is now starting to eat starter and steal cut oats along with the twice daily ration of fresh greens and veggies. I sprouted some wheat, she liked that too. It all just has to be so small for her to fit in her beak.
They also need grit so they can process the food your giving them and when tiny it's chick grit.
:welcome

Back
Top Bottom