Resources for breeding show quality Old English Game Bantams

Alright, let me know.
I've been looking for a new like to bring into my flock, and yours looks pretty good.
My flock has kept almost the same gene pool for about 6-8 years.
We've pretty much done line breeding.

I’ve seen this advertised quite a bit. Don’t know how good it is but it is on the APA website, so…View attachment 3761162
I recently got the Sebright and d'Anvers book from the same series and found it really helpful, though admittedly as someone with a related breed not one of the ones focused on in the book. I think it could be useful for people who are more visual learners but of course doesn't replace the standard.

@gerardogarcia , I got a little bit better pics of my breeders.
What do you think?
DSC_0953.jpg

DSC_0955.jpg

DSC_0965.jpg

DSC_0973.jpg
DSC_0970.jpg

DSC_0951.jpg

*New pullet I brought in from KY*
DSC_1223.JPG

I'm not having good cockerel to pullet ratios, so far this year.
I hatched 5 bb red chicks and I know 100% 4 are cockerels, but I'm still iffy on the 5th one.
I don't know why my line is so cockerel heavy, kind of annoying, honestly.

Attachments

• bb red.jpg
    bb red.jpg
    328.8 KB · Views: 1
Look good. Again, im no judging expert so talking to someone experienced is always best. The roosters in the first two pics may be a little larger than I would prefer, but I cant say that with too much confidence since they stand by themselves.

We dubbed our 5 month old cockerel a few weeks ago. He’s looking pretty good. I’m hoping his tail widens a little as he keeps growing.

Look good. Again, im no judging expert so talking to someone experienced is always best. The roosters in the first two pics may be a little larger than I would prefer, but I cant say that with too much confidence since they stand by themselves.
Thanks.
Yeah, just looking to make old English convo, lol.
Okay, so you prefer the smaller body type, okay.

Here's a pic to *kinda* give an idea on th first cocks size.
DSC_0750.jpg

Back
Top Bottom