rest in peace :(

I don't know your situation, but My neighbor let their dog, (JackRussel terrier) run loose, and one day he came down onto my property and got after my birds. tore 4 of them up, 1 pretty bad. Now, they just couldn't believe that their dog would do that, but he did. They weren't malicious about it, their dog just did what dogs do. Now maybe your neighbors are A-holes and they purposely let their blood thirsty maniacal dogs loose to terrorize the neighborhood. Then, yes, I can see where you are coming from. I'm still not offended though.
smile.png

yesss.gif
THANK YOU!!! 'Cause that's exactly what happened in my situation! That's why I see this the way I do! I know, I'm a weird egg!
wink.png

I can't understand how someone can care enough about their chickens dying to post something this disturbing on this site, but not care enough to contact the proper authorities to have something done about it.

If someone came on my property and harmed ANY of animals I would call police immediately. If I didn't get any cooperation from them I would finding out who their boss was. And go right up the ladder of command until I got results.........

If this person is from another country, it's possible the laws and how the authorities do things may be different there.

Even the laws here in America can be tough and grueling to deal with. I found out long ago what one hopes could be done sometimes can't be done because of what's written in the rules, and then to change one rule it requires years and years of work. Ever hear of JJ Hart, 2 year old autistic child living in FL? and what happened to his chickens?

OP lives near Montreal, he/she said in another thread.

I'm really sorry for your loss and subsequent feeling of betrayal by a system you thought would have your back. People can really suck sometimes. I'd get those cameras and if you are able to catch on tape, I'd sue them in civil court. In the meantime, perhaps go to the police station with all your dead chickens and insist on a police report? Homeowners insurance might cover your loss. And the report will be important if further issues develop.

I know this is a late reply, but I was appalled that somebody would do something so awful. The police may not be able to find who it was, but in your situation I sure would take some matters into my own hands. I would probably make up flyers and go to every house in a several mile radius to let my neighbors know there's some sick screwball out there. On the flyers I would make sure to put the information that I would prosecute to the fullest extent, were I to find out who the culprit was. Then I would probably offer a reward for information leading to the arrest of the culprit. Whomever did it trespassed and performed willful and malicious property damage, and can be prosecuted under most property laws. You may even be able to pursue animal cruelty charges. Also on the flyer I would probably note that anybody trespassing in the future with a firearm would be deemed a threat and shot on sight. That's just me, and I could get away with it where I live due to our laws. Check your local laws first.

Your neighbors deserve to know this could happen to them. You probably have neighbors who would empathize and want the ***** stopped, too. It may never get you anywhere, but it's worth trying.

Back
Top Bottom