Restoration of Old Redwood Leahy Incubator

I too Enjoy the photos & stories of restoring Redwood Incubators!
big_smile.png
wee.gif
We 2 1/2yrs ago bought a Redwood Incubator, but haven't gotten to restoring it yet. My initial idea was to incubate my Sebastopol Geese eggs... but sadly we lost a few geese since buying the incubator, along with a slow breeding season left us not having a immediate use for it.
hmm.png
But it is a very BIG & Beloved item.
love.gif

I have found one up for sale in my area. The sales says that he has owned the unit for 40 years and says it is a model 150e and holds 150 eggs. No egg turner. Do these work as well as the sportsman? Should I look into buying it? I imagine this is not something that comes around very often.
I only have an LG but was thinking about getting the gensis 1588.
Thanks for the input

I have found one up for sale in my area. The sales says that he has owned the unit for 40 years and says it is a model 150e and holds 150 eggs. No egg turner. Do these work as well as the sportsman? Should I look into buying it? I imagine this is not something that comes around very often.
I only have an LG but was thinking about getting the gensis 1588.
Thanks for the input

I don't like that it doesn't have an egg turner, but you can roll the eggs with the bottom of your hand.

I am rebuilding a Leahy 416 that I just picked up and I would would really appreciate input on the best finish to use and any finishes to avoid.

Also I would really appreciate it if anyone out there can provide a good copy of the manual and any other Leah documentation.

Thanks in Advance,

Scott

If you have a 'Rockler woodworking and hardware' they are the best when it comes to dealing with anything wooden. I never new this store was even around until someone at Home depot recommended them and thank goodness they did. Not only did they have everything i need (except one) i received and education on how to. I left feeling like i really could do the project and it was simplier then the guy at homedepot made it seem. His answer was "there is no way you could do that...."
I wanted my front door to be stained oak not painted. The door has been in place for 4 years is absolutely gorgeous. I ended up using boat sealer since that can get wet that i purchased at west marine. The door is ultra glossy and everyone notices it, worth the effort.

http://www.rockler.com/

I have just purchased a 416 in working condition but missing the pan. Any tips on restoring her? Thanks.

i went on mcmaster carr and order a 500 watt heating element to replace the old style in the cover on the bottom, 42$ and it is a lot better heats up fast and is all digital now

Back
Top Bottom