~ Retired and Starting My Future In The Foothills ~

Congratulations, Linda! My best wishes (and my envy!) are headed to California for you!

I've been lurking on your thread since November. We moved into our place about the time you moved into yours, and I found it fascinating to see how your adventures periodically paralleled my own. Thank you for your insight, humor, and chicken info! I look forward to all you have liberty to post without the encumbrance of a job and a commute.

--Nikki

Linda
CONGRATULATIONS on your retirement. I LOVE YOUR THREAD!!!!!! I have learned alot from you and hope to continue to learn from you in retirement. I have been thinking about your "days left" this weekend. I would love to be in your shoes. My sweet son and I sat with the chickens and ducks for awhile today. I got ducks for my sweet son because of your wonderful postings. I have never regretted a second of that decision. Goats are the next critter on the list of wonderful critters to join us on our little piece of heaven. ENJOY every Moment of chicken watching and just plain enjoying. Please greet John and all the other neighbors and wonderful people on your adventure. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! Instead of doing my Grad work this is the best thread I have ever read. THanks again. CONGRATULATIONS on your next adventure!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you, everybody!

I'm gonna throw in little bits and pieces today throughout the day, then do a massive update tomorrow. The first silly thing is the computer login this morning wanted me to set a new password. It doesn't know today is my last day, but I thought that was risible.

Some folks have already commented "Your last day is a Monday, and you came IN!?!?"

Well, duh - I need to get my final check - they don't deposit it directly into my bank. The last pay warrant for working status is paper.

Besides, there's a going away party for one of our warehouse workers promoting to a position with another agency, and he likes sushi, at my favorite sushi restaurant close to the office. Mmmmmm, sushi on my last day! (I already paid for my portion of his good-bye ceremony, anyway.)

Plus, Mondays don't scare me. The Brass don't get all agitated about things until later in the week. They do want to know why things may have gone blooey over the weekend, but usually there are pundits who get to them first before us Little People. They'll want something by Friday, but we won't be told about it until Thursday.

:/

All I have to do is clean out my cubicle, go eat sushi for lunch, come back for cake for me (carrot cake, per my request) and I'll be out of here by 1530 hours.

woot.gif
wee.gif

celebrate.gif
Yea Linda!!!!!
celebrate.gif

Now you'll have time for those turkey poults hatching next week
jumpy.gif
and you can start looking for emu eggs and baby goats!!!

Perhaps a mini horse or two as well!
wink.png

Linda, congratulations on the retirement starting tomorrow!
wee.gif
I know it has got to be so nice to know that if all you want to do tomorrow is sit and watch chicken TV you can or if all you want to do is snuggle up with the pets inside you can also do that as well. You are expected to update this thread more often now that you have "nothing to do" anymore.
wink.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom