Returning to BYC in Indiana

FamilyOfChickens

Songster
12 Years
Mar 24, 2007
Northwest Indiana
Whew!
It's been well over a year since I last logged in here. I doubt anyone remembers me, but I used to be quite active.
When I first joined, we had five gold sex link hens and about 25 Ameracauna/EE's. We're now down to one gold sex link hen (one of them died earlier today after a long time of not eating well, etc.
sad.png
), 15 EE hens, and one EE rooster.
However, yesterday we ordered a lot of new additions, and I'm extremely excited! That's mostly why I decided to start checking in here once more. =]
Here's a list of the birds we will be getting towards the beginning of May from McMurray Hatchery:

2 Narragansett turkeys
10 Giant White turkeys
8 Broad Breasted Bronze turkeys
(20 turkey poults)

2 Cuckoo Maran st. run
2 Delaware females
2 Lakenvelder females
2 Dominique females
2 Silver Spangled Hamburg females
2 Speckled Sussex females
2 Golden Laced Wyandotte females
2 Black Giant females
4 Rhode Island Red females
3 Red Star females
3 Black Star Females
and one free rare chick
smile.png

(27 day old chicks)

I'm quite excited! We're going to give away/sell 10 or 15 of the chicks, and keeping all the turkey poults.
I would REALLY love comments about the breeds we picked out, and especially advice about the turkeys, as that's a new adventure for us, so I'm a little worried. We hope to have them ready by November and December.

I'm so glad to be back!
-Rebecca

Welcome back!

I do remember your username from before. I hope you'll stick around and get involved in the community again!
smile.png
There's a place for everyone here.

Welcome back to "the biggest backyard in the world"! You forgot to order a giant rooster. I suggest you breed them. They are the tastiest chicken that I have ever grown!!!
woot.gif
Like body builder chickens!
ya.gif

Welcome back!

I haven't been around long enough to remember you, but am looking forward to your posts. You must have acquired a lot of knowledge with that many birds running around.

Back
Top Bottom