Reverse coloring?

They're both Silver Laced Wyandottes. Keep in mind that even chicks of the same breed will vary in color. They'll be pretty girls when they grow up :)

They're both Silver Laced Wyandottes. Keep in mind that even chicks of the same breed will vary in color. They'll be pretty girls when they grow up
smile.png
Ahh that's good to know! I wish one was a Roo, those would be a fun variety of chicks to hatch! Thanks!

Y'all asked for an update on our reversed color SLW gal. Here she is feathering out at 6 weeks.

A close up of her lacing shows black in the center and the silver is on the edges.

Here is her sister.... You can still tell quite a difference.

My SLW chick has the same reverse lacing. Are your chicks from a hatchery? Ours is, and I have heard that lots of SLW chicks are coming out of hatcheries this season not having great lacing.
I am hoping our girl might get some more white and lacing as she gets her big girl feathers in, but I doubt she'll have allover lacing. She's 10 weeks old now.

Lynette

Reversed can happen!!! My chicken breeder was breeding sliver laced Orphington's but she had some chicks born reversed sliver laced and she kept them and she breeds the reversed sliver laced and the regular sliver laced Orphington's now!!!

Reversed can happen!!! My chicken breeder was breeding sliver laced Orphington's but she had some chicks born reversed sliver laced and she kept them and she breeds the reversed sliver laced and the regular sliver laced Orphington's now!!!
"Reversed" lacing is called penciling. And it indicates that one, or both, parents are not pure for the genes required for complete lacing. Lacing requires a specific combination of 4 different genes. Drop even one, and the result is penciling.

So what would if you crossed sliver laced to a reversed or penciled??? What would be the chick ratio's

Back
Top Bottom