Review: Battery powered chicken door! (A+)

LizzzyJo

Show me the data 👩🏼‍🔬
5 Years
Dec 14, 2018
The Great Black Swamp, Ohio
Guys, my life has been changed forever. I have had the Run-Chicken battery operated chicken pop door for about 3 weeks now and I am in love. I do not have electricity running to the coop, so I have never had a great cheap option for an automated pop door before.

This one is flawless and unbelievable. It opens and closes with the sun, has a sensor to not smash any late arrival chickies, and was easy to install. It runs on aa batteries that it says only need to be changed once a year. It has run through a week of rain, snow, freeze, and crazy wind.

I know almost $200 can be very expensive, but it is wonderful peace of mind and a time saver.

RUN-CHICKEN Door (Brown) Automatic Chicken Coop Door Opener with Timer, Programmable Light Sensor, Battery Powered, Evening and Morning Delay, Aluminum Door, Automatic Chicken Door Opener Model T50 https://a.co/d/dPIDQNP

Can you set it up with a timer instead of a light sensor? My one coop is inside of a barn, so not much light there.

You could always use an extended photocell.

And yes you can. It is very easy.

I have many Diagrams. Let me know what you have on hand and I can diagram something for you.
You can also tell me what you intend to buy and I can diagram something.
Of course I can provide a purchase list, to go along with any of my diagrams.

I do, however, suggest that you use Two SPDT Timers, if all you want to do is Open and Close at specific times. If you want to You can even use Two Astronomical SPDT Timers so that you don't have to keep adjusting the time for daylight savings.

If you have reliable WiFi use the SONOFF 4CH or MHCOZY 4CH Smart Switches.

This is a example of a more involved rig. It basically has the same wiring it just includes a Safety Feature If interested or any questions you can ask me there.

Guys, my life has been changed forever. I have had the Run-Chicken battery operated chicken pop door for about 3 weeks now and I am in love. I do not have electricity running to the coop, so I have never had a great cheap option for an automated pop door before.

This one is flawless and unbelievable. It opens and closes with the sun, has a sensor to not smash any late arrival chickies, and was easy to install. It runs on aa batteries that it says only need to be changed once a year. It has run through a week of rain, snow, freeze, and crazy wind.

I know almost $200 can be very expensive, but it is wonderful peace of mind and a time saver.

RUN-CHICKEN Door (Brown) Automatic Chicken Coop Door Opener with Timer, Programmable Light Sensor, Battery Powered, Evening and Morning Delay, Aluminum Door, Automatic Chicken Door Opener Model T50 https://a.co/d/dPIDQNP
I was looking at this yesterday! Do you still like your choice?? I also am looking for a battery operated option...

Back
Top Bottom