Rhode Island Red Chicks

nother 1 ive been told
roll.png

hang on to em by their heads, the 1 that struggles to get away = roo

vent sexing i think other then a sex link, is the only way...

I was looking at my Ideal RIRs. Ideal marked the males so I could tell the difference. It looks to me, and remember I'm NO expert, like the males (as clearly marked by Ideal) have more noticeable "nubs" on their combs than the girlies do at this early stage. Actually their combs are just a little bigger but you pretty much have to have two sitting side by side of different sexes to see the difference.

I loved that aritcle on the study thank you so much for posting it.
We always keep a few of our darkest chicks back for showing and keeping now I have another added edge. Keep those that are the darkest with the strips also as the study showed they grew into the darkest grown chickens. agian thanks and you guys should read that aritcle might help you pick your show winner out of the lot

I have RIR's there is no way to tell the sex of the chicks until they grow somewhat then the roos saddle feathers will be more pronounced and not short rounded like the pullets. They can be vent sexed. Vent sexing is done on newly hatched chicks. There are pictures on my BYC Page.

Check this site out. It will explain vent sexing.

Back
Top Bottom