Rhode Island White Chickens

Do your Rhode Island Whites have rose combs? Do you have any hatching eggs available for shipping or chicks available for shipping? This seems to be a cool breed that we need to protect. If not, where can you find the true Rhode Island Whites that are true to standards?

Yes. Rhode Island White is an extremely rare breed. As often is the case, don't believe the stuff hatcheries put on their websites in terms of "breeds". 99% of the stuff they sell are healthy, affordable and available, but rarely are the birds even close to the Standard for the breeds they purport them to be.

RIW are rose combed and only rose combed. Further, they must have the same brick shape as the Rhode Island Red, ie, the elongated block body, long flat back and protruding keel. They are held to the same Standard as the Reds, sans the color, of course.

Last edited:
i have an ri white hen. no fertile eggs though
hit.gif

i read that the breed is very rare.

I see this is an old thread but in case anyone might want real RC Rhode Island White large chickens, I will have some for sale this 2014 season. Not until late spring and they are very nice birds. Some of the big hatcheries advertise SC RI White but they are NOT recognized and are smaller birds. The commercial birds are good layers and I do keep a few myself but the real RC RI Whites are truly wonderful chickens and very rare. felix

Do your Rhode Island Whites have rose combs? Do you have any hatching eggs available for shipping or chicks available for shipping? This seems to be a cool breed that we need to protect. If not, where can you find the true Rhode Island Whites that are true to standards?

Back
Top Bottom