River Otters, don't let they're cuteness fool you!

PoultryCrazed

In the Brooder
Apr 11, 2015
Hey, I just wanted everyone to know that RIver Otters can kill your flock. I was away for 45 minutes at 5:00 p.m. and in that amount of time it killed 19 three day old chicks and ducks. It did not even eat them. So I came into the coop with chcks bodies strewn all around. I have a very small creek and we live 10 miles away from a river. A couple days later we heard the dog barking and we saw the otter. It is illegal to shoot one unless it has harmed your livestock so after we shot it we called the local wildlife department and told them what happened. So if you have a creek BEWARE of the evil riveer otter :). Thanks

Sorry about your birds. And thanks for the warning.

I've heard that lots of animals from the weasel family (mink, otters, ermin, ect) get a wonderful thrill from chasing and killing things, whether they eat them or not.
We had pet ferrets, so I can't be mad at weasels, but they certainly are naughty little things! They love to steal things and they're whole goal in life is to try and get in places where they aren't allowed to go. They are so stubborn!!

Navasca, Bribon, and Azucar (Naba, Bri, and Ozzie)

Adorable little ferrets
big_smile.png
!!
Sorry about your birds. And thanks for the warning.

I've heard that lots of animals from the weasel family (mink, otters, ermin, ect) get a wonderful thrill from chasing and killing things, whether they eat them or not.
We had pet ferrets, so I can't be mad at weasels, but they certainly are naughty little things! They love to steal things and they're whole goal in life is to try and get in places where they aren't allowed to go. They are so stubborn!!

Navasca, Bribon, and Azucar (Naba, Bri, and Ozzie)

Thanks!

If they're anything that makes up for its pure pesky, stubborn, and naughty personality with cuteness, its a ferret.

Back
Top Bottom