rolling vs turning

You do not have to just read post #5 and do what it says

Just make sure they do not stay on the same side (position for a long time)

Last edited:
Thanks for this interesting discussion
smile.png

So how do i keep them from rolling if i am going to go ahead and turn the xo style? I am definitelya beginner and dont wanr ro screw up a hatch but the screen isnt flat and it takes a lot of open air time to turn them xo and even then they roll.
So how do i stop that?
I have the same problem with the wire not laying flat. You can use paper clips in each corner to clip the screen onto the plastic bottom. That helps a lot. Also you can buy the rubbery shelf liner and put small strips on the screen. Place the eggs on top of the liner. Just be careful and not cover to much of the open space, just were the eggs lay. It could mess up the humidity.

I have the same problem with the wire not laying flat.  You can use paper clips in each corner to clip the screen onto the plastic bottom.  That helps a lot.  Also you can buy the rubbery shelf liner and put small strips on the screen.  Place the eggs on top of the liner.  Just be careful and not cover to much of the open space, just were the eggs lay.  It could mess up the humidity.

Great idea!

Thanks for this interesting discussion
smile.png

So how do i keep them from rolling if i am going to go ahead and turn the xo style? I am definitelya beginner and dont wanr ro screw up a hatch but the screen isnt flat and it takes a lot of open air time to turn them xo and even then they roll.
So how do i stop that?
I actually have small heavy rocks in mine to keep that mesh screen flat on all corners maybe this will help
big_smile.png

I use a hova-bator for small hatches. I use toothpicks inserted into the foam in the corners to keep the wire down and wooden skewers laying on the wire mesh to keep eggs in line

Back
Top Bottom