jtodek

Songster
7 Years
Mar 22, 2016
oxford, MI
8A2A676C-79AE-4DFF-82E8-8D3D1CAF2B2A.jpeg
BA2D5364-BEFC-4ECD-839F-00E14236FAD2.jpeg
4DE2EA93-70D6-424D-99CE-3F50BC066D91.jpeg

Hi guys, I went outside this morning an hour after my husband let the chickens out and I found our fav roo under the car shaking his head awkwardly. A closer look found his comb nearly torn off. I looked at some other threads and it seems like I should cut it off. i think this wise as you can tell the weight of the comb is hurting and making the wound uncomfortable. I went to tractor supply to gwt blood clotting powder and sharp scissors, they had neither. I ended up with antisceptic and blukote. Now how does one dub a chicken? Just cut, dap with antisceptic, then cornstarch then maybr the bluekote? Hoping to help him out soon

its actually not bleeding too much now but he keeps shaking his head and the dangling comb just goes flying

I did it! With my husbands help. Poor guy, definitely was in pain. He seems to be doing a lot better today though, not shaking his head violently anymore. I used a sharp pair of kitchen scissors and cornstarch. Didn't bleed so much but took a couple attempts to cut through. The comb was thick! I don't think I'll ever get that out of my head but I'm just so glad he's still alive. We thought it be the end of him. Now just hope the ladies find him as cute as we do!

I did it! With my husbands help. Poor guy, definitely was in pain. He seems to be doing a lot better today though, not shaking his head violently anymore. I used a sharp pair of kitchen scissors and cornstarch. Didn't bleed so much but took a couple attempts to cut through. The comb was thick! I don't think I'll ever get that out of my head but I'm just so glad he's still alive. We thought it be the end of him. Now just hope the ladies find him as cute as we do!
Glad you were able to get some help!
I think he will be fine, give him some time to heal up before you put him with the ladies, they will pick at the damage.

Back
Top Bottom