Roo or Hen?

Can i get a close pic of the back/tail. Sometimes subordinate roosters are more like hens rather then roosters.

Here is another pic! Unlike my other babies, "Sophie" likes to come in the house and sit by the fireplace or lay on doggies bed :D

Last edited:
Hee Hee! That's funny! We bought "Sophie" from the feed store, and they were positive the batch had been sexed and all girls. And while Sophie acts more like a girl vs. boy I had my doubts. Even my young girls chase Sophie around the yard. He's truly a big chicken and a mama's boy :D :D :D

Here's a pic of her/him at about 3-4 weeks

Last edited:
Vent sexing is about 90% accurate. That means there is still a 10% chance of ending up with a boy. Any feed store employee should know that and pass the info along to customers.

Yah, I agree. I am a bit green when it comes to chickens. This is my first flock, and they're more of a blended family. I have several that we hatched here at home (mom sat on the clutch) and the rest are from the feed store. Personally, I'm not heartbroken about having another roo. He is the sweetest bird on planet earth and I wouldn't change a thing. Maybe things will change, but for now, it is like having a big cat that loves to curl up in my lap at night and sit by the fireplace. He's very good with the children too, and our other animals.
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom