Roo walking weird

Okay I have now applied the castor oil to nearly everyones legs. Hopefully this cures them. I do have another question though. While treating everyone I noticed a hen and roo had tiny bumps all over their combs which I may be mistaken but I thought were odd. Is this normal or another ailment I need to treat?

Okay I have now applied the castor oil to nearly everyones legs. Hopefully this cures them. I do have another question though. While treating everyone I noticed a hen and roo had tiny bumps all over their combs which I may be mistaken but I thought were odd. Is this normal or another ailment I need to treat?

Can you post some photos of what the legs look like along with the spots on the combs?
Here's how to upload photos
Check everyone's crops to make sure they are emptying overnight. I would also carefully look through the feathers for signs of lice/mites (especially under wings, vent area, neck).

I would also provide them with Bvitamins, look into Poultry Cell or you can use human B-Complex vitamins (no iron).

If you have an existing flock, where do you plan on keeping them for your quarantine period?

I keep having an error uploading images but I did check some hens today for lice and didnt see any but I did not check the roo or hen with the bumps in their combs. I do have a quarantine area and I also have the poultry cell. As soon as I can get these images to upload I will post the pictures of my roos legs and the other roos comb.

20180524_223416.jpg

The black spots on the comb are scabs, a little peck here and there-nothing to be concerned about.

The legs do have a small amount of raised scales, so the castor oil should take care of any SLM.

His spurs are very long and need trimming, see if that makes a difference with the walking, he may be trying to avoid cutting or impaling himself. Also, what do the bottom of the feet look like...any scabs or what looks like inflammation?

It also looks like he is missing a toe on the right foot or is it folded back where we can't see it?
Were you able to determine if the crops on all these bird were functioning properly?
Is this one eating o.k.? I notice his beak looks like it has a worn place, likely from injury, I think it should be fine, but was pointing that out.

Does the other rooster have long spurs? Also for the hens, check their toenails, they may be overgrown and look at the bottom of everyone's feet.

upload_2018-5-26_7-56-11.png

Back
Top Bottom