rooster battles

queenoftheroost

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 26, 2014
I have a neighbor that free ranges his flock, he has 1 rooster and about 12 hens. I have 2 roosters in my flock, both get along well, 1 was a chick that hatched from my hen last summer. My older rooster was rehomed to me by my neighbor last year because he was being picked on by his rooster. My chickens have a large pen but I have been letting them free range when I am home. When the snow melted and my chickens were let out my younger rooster wandered over to check out my neighbor's hens, he was chased back by the other rooster and since then my small flock has been staying very close to home, here is the problem, everyday the neighbor rooster has been leading his flock over into my yard, last week my rooster was quite bloodied about his wattle and is now fine but they continue to fight, I can not let my rooster and henns out without the other flock coming over and a fight starting. We are in the country and there is plenty of room but I feel like I have to confine my guys. Today the neighbor flock just congregated all day at the door of my pen. My neighbor is very nice and rarely home, so his flock is unsupervised. I don't want a problem but I feel bad for my rooster, he had said he was going to make a pen for them but he never did, any suggestions? Should I let them just fight it out, I have been going out and breaking up fights everyday and then confining my guys.

It is not my young rooster engaging in battle, it is my big guy "Roofus" All 3 roosters are people and hen friendly, just my big rooster and the neighbor rooster are not getting along, do you think they will just find their balance/

It is not my young rooster engaging in battle, it is my big guy "Roofus" All 3 roosters are people and hen friendly, just my big rooster and the neighbor rooster are not getting along, do you think they will just find their balance/

Anything is possible but I doubt that they will ever become bosom buddies this side of the grave.

Back
Top Bottom