Rooster don't like white girls

I searched the older posts to see if anyone else had this problem because my roo is racist too!!!

He always runs off the white broiler hens during snack time and will peck at them randomly or shoo them away from the water dish.

This last week, we've noticed that the white hens remain huddled together at the base of the coop ramp at bedtime. Apparently, our roo won't even let them in the coop anymore!!!

What a meanie!

Then again, those meat birds are sumpthin' dumb!

Maybe big white chickens have become synonymous with "EATS ALL THE FOOD AND LEAVES NONE FOR THE REST!" Just a thought
tongue.png

It may have to do with their appearence. Perhaps he does not like their crests and feathered legs.

My first chickens were pit games. At an auction, I saw Polish for the first time and was instantly in love.. got a bunch of them and Houdans too.

Let them loose in the backyard.. BIG mistake!! ALL of the games were instantly upon them even the hens! I think their poufy crests reminded them of the raised hackles from a fighting rooster. I had to get rid of all game roosters and some hens who would not stop wanting to kill ANY polish and sultan.. Chicks who grew up with the cresteds already there didn't have a problem with them ever- not even the purebred roosters, they just "knew" their funny looks were not raised hackles ready for a challenge.

The first time I bought silkies, the birds reacted to them with horror.. started buk BUK BAWKKKKKKing and running away to the other side.. Until the roosters discovered how "easy" the silkie hens were to catch..... (all silky featherds are confined to their own pen now)

My whole flock is racist. The whites only hang together, buffs only together, poor little brown one hangs by herself...no one likes her.
hu.gif

I have read that they are like this with colors.
I know I was amazed when my white hens hatched out some Silkie eggs for me and the first ones out were black. Two days later I saw the white hen throw a black chick across the coop. I immediately rescued it and later that day saw another throw her dark chick across the coop. I took all the dark chicks from them and put them in a separate brooder.
I was told that the hens knew that predators were more likely to get the light colored chicks if the dark ones were around so they wanted to get rid of the dark ones right away. I thought it was all for one and one for all but I guess not!
idunno.gif

well I hope mine aren't racist because I'm getting one of several breeds except for silkies and sebrights. I'm getting two silkies and a sebright roo and hen, the rest are standards. But if they turn out to be.... it could be WWII all over again!!!
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom