rooster has eye tumor

Crazy4cochins

Songster
11 Years
Oct 5, 2008
NW MO
I have been searching all over and can't find anything in dieases that is like my Mr. mouths eye problem.
He had a small light yellow bump(Rice like)shape on the under back left side of his eye . had it for like 2 mos.now
People had suggested maybe he got a piece of something in it but I am now freakin out I caught him today and looked at it up close!!! GROSS
It just has gotten bigger and bigger now it looks like a fan I took a pic but you can't see it very clearly.
So it was like the tumor that unfurled or something it is super gross and No other chickens have it. Can someone please give a guess as to what it can be?
What is terramycin and can I use it to see if it works? someone said at TSC
Thanks

I would look at eye worms . Have you tried to squeeze anything out ? My girl had a sinus infection that got in her eye , the stuff squeezed out like cheese ... nasty yes . But it saved her life . You could try neosporin the gel kind for an eye ointment , it is the same thing as Terramycin but way cheaper . Does the birdy have any other symptoms ? Sneeze , wheeze , bubbly eyes ?

Yes I tried to push it off with a Q-tip. Didn't move it is flexible but not squishy, gross!!!!
he has no symptoms of any illness, he acts normal, eats drinks
still bullies Spanish his enemy:)
I found some eye drops used to treat kids(human) for pink eye do you think I can try those?
I am still researching eye parasite yuck:sick

If you touch it does the roo flinch? If not it probably does not have nerves and could be something that you could take off with a pair of tweezers. Give it a try. Just a little tug to investigate further and see if it really is attached. Have someone help you so you can hold him still so you won't poke his eye out.

Another thing you could try is to soak a cotton ball with contact lens storage solution and gently wipe the growth once or twice to see it it moves. The saline solution is safe for his eyes and if it bubbles like peroxide don't worry because it does have germ killing properties.

I held him down and had pushed on that gross yellow thing and then 2 days ago he was walking up to me and I was like OMG
Where did it go, so I caught him and looked it seems to have gone away
I am not sure if one of his buddies saw it and pecked it off I pulled his lid down and just saw a small piece of the yellow part , like the swelling was going down sooo I guess it's gone now.
I was so scared to touch it becasue I didn't want to hurt him, but it's gone now.
None of the others have anything like that so I am going to worm them here in a week to make sure it's not parasitic.
Thanks for the help
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom