Most people who are dealing with riboflavin deficiency should see improvement in a few days, as long as treatment was started early. After 2 weeks of treatment, I would wonder if something else was wrong. Some chickens with curled under toes can be showing early signs of Mareks disease, but I only mention that for information, not because I think that is what is going on.

I read from a user of BYC that she rubbed her chick's legs and feet while he was recovering, to keep him limber. I did the same thing with Bung and his legs feel very different from each other. His good leg feels more fleshy and squishy, and his toes can kinda move around, like normal. But the bad leg feels really stiff, and the toes are basically stuck in place.

I'm trying to keep calm right now, but the bad leg really freaked me out. I'm thinking about bumping him up to 1 Vitamin B pill daily rather than 1/2, but I don't know how safe that'd be. If a chicken is Vita. B deficient would it really hurt it to give it more?

I'm also trying not to focus on the negative "what-ifs." But I don't know what I'd do if Bung wasn't around. I don't know how Marek's works or if he even has it. I'll educate myself some more.

Oh guys, look! Bung's newly curled foot isn't curled anymore! He's walking flat on that foot.(aside from the sideways toe). I feel more hopeful now!!
20200303_082310.jpg

Hi all. Hopefully this will be the last update I make here. Bung's foot has improved a lot, he walks on it flat now. The other foot is still curled in, but it's been that way since last year so it may continue to stay that way. Bung's not showing any signs of extreme pain, and is able to walk around for longer periods of time again. :) He also got his spunk back! Meaning he's gone back to pecking me and my friends and corralling the girls, so I'm happy as can be!!! Thank you all who gave me advice and stuck around for Bung's little journey!
20200306_151741.jpg

Back
Top Bottom