Rooster night box

ChristinaLA

Hatching
Jun 1, 2023
My aunts father had an bird aviary with a plethora of birds. I remember him using alot of old refrigerators. My rooster is very loud he wakes my neighbors up very early. Can I use a old refrigerator for a night box as is (with the exception of adding more vents and an automatic door) safely as a night box?

My aunts father had an bird aviary with a plethora of birds. I remember him using alot of old refrigerators. My rooster is very loud he wakes my neighbors up very early. Can I use a old refrigerator for a night box as is (with the exception of adding more vents and an automatic door) safely as a night box?
This is a great idea. To make ventilation you can use several pipes on two opposite sides that stick out. If they are 2” wide and about 6” long they wont let much sound through.

Do you want to set the pop door on a time that people are awake and won’t be bothered?

Please keep me/this thread updated. I have a few cockerels and I would like to keep one this time without complaints of early wake up calls.

Are you in Louisiana?
You might need so much ventilation that it could defeat the purpose.

Back
Top Bottom