Rooster Rehome - Lodi, CA - Bantam PBR

Cerenity

Songster
Aug 14, 2019
Lodi, CA
All:

Last November I hatched my first round of eggs - bantam Plymouth Barred Rocks. I set eight eggs after they arrived (jostled by the post office in a smushed box) and five developed. Of those five, two quit and I ended up with two hens and one rooster. I named him Churro. But, unfortunately, that's not much of a ratio for the poor hens, they get no rest. I've kept him for six months hoping that he would be laid back and maybe would leave the hens alone from time to time....but he doesn't. I just don't have the number of hens to support this guy and it's too bad, he's a beautiful bird and not at all confrontational with humans. He's been free ranging during the day and closed in the coop in the evening. Obviously, in the springtime he's accosting the hens more frequently and I had to pen him up by himself.

He's about six or eight inches tall at six months old. The woman I bought the eggs from indicated her stock were prize winning, but, I have not been able to show them due to the pandemic. I would really rather he go to someone with a few bantams and some experience with them and I would hate to put him on Craigslist where he could be eaten or brought into a fighting ring or something.

In in the Lodi/Lockeford area of northern California and would be willing to meet someone halfway if they could give him a good home!

Attachments

• Churro 2.JPG
    Churro 2.JPG
    544.6 KB · Views: 13
  • Churro.JPG
    Churro.JPG
    487.3 KB · Views: 4
All:

Last November I hatched my first round of eggs - bantam Plymouth Barred Rocks. I set eight eggs after they arrived (jostled by the post office in a smushed box) and five developed. Of those five, two quit and I ended up with two hens and one rooster. I named him Churro. But, unfortunately, that's not much of a ratio for the poor hens, they get no rest. I've kept him for six months hoping that he would be laid back and maybe would leave the hens alone from time to time....but he doesn't. I just don't have the number of hens to support this guy and it's too bad, he's a beautiful bird and not at all confrontational with humans. He's been free ranging during the day and closed in the coop in the evening. Obviously, in the springtime he's accosting the hens more frequently and I had to pen him up by himself.

He's about six or eight inches tall at six months old. The woman I bought the eggs from indicated her stock were prize winning, but, I have not been able to show them due to the pandemic. I would really rather he go to someone with a few bantams and some experience with them and I would hate to put him on Craigslist where he could be eaten or brought into a fighting ring or something.

In in the Lodi/Lockeford area of northern California and would be willing to meet someone halfway if they could give him a good home!
Hi,did you find a home for Churro?

Back
Top Bottom