Rooster Rescue! (and other chichens)

I need to build an aviary soon for my doves and pheasants that I have rescued and my bantams. I am having a hard time with predators. A raccoon came in the middle of the day and took 5 of my chickens including the first chicken I ever got yesterday. And last week I almost lost my hen that I got with my first to a hawk but she lived luckily. I’m hopefully going to get some safer pens built with the Go Fund me money.

DSCN4381.jpg
DSCN4351.JPG

I need to build an aviary soon for my doves and pheasants that I have rescued and my bantams. I am having a hard time with predators. A raccoon came in the middle of the day and took 5 of my chickens including the first chicken I ever got yesterday. And last week I almost lost my hen that I got with my first to a hawk but she lived luckily. I’m hopefully going to get some safer pens built with the Go Fund me money.
this is awesome that you are doing this!

a recommendation from my experience: mine have a small run that has the wire mesh (i think it’s called hardware cloth) that’s like 1cm by 1cm squares all the way under the run and on all sides so raccoons can dig, but they still can’t get in, buried about a foot deep and a bigger run for the day that is safe from hawks and stuff, but not raccoons. this way i can lock them in the small run which includes the coop. if i need to go somewhere and won’t be back to lock them up at the perfect time and then they can still be out if it’s still light for a couple hours and go to bed when they please

So I have decided to open a rooster rescue because there is so many roosters that are in terrible living conditions or abandoned so I figured I would do something about it!
I take in all different kinds of rooster and hens I also take other unwanted birds of all kinds
if you or someone you know are trying to get rid of roosters or other birds or wants to donate food, treats, or other supplies message me.
I'm in Boring Oregon and until I get a better car I can only take deliveries
if they have a disease please tell me so I can treat them away from my other birds
ALL BIRDS WELCOME
Trish...how has the rooster rescue worked out?
Janet H.

Back
Top Bottom