Rooster Temperment??

I would agree that every rooster is an individual, but in my opinion the little ones tent to be more aggressive but then Ive only had silkies as bantams, I have A huge Orpington Roo Also ( he came from a breeder that bred them very well to be gentle), that loves everyone, kids included, but he was raised from a tiny chick with the kids coming over everyday to feed treats and such . The meanest Rooster ever was a silkie Roo named Flame and he hated everybody! and would chase people down to attack He was a jerk and didn't stay here long! But like it was mentioned before, there are no guarentees to get a nice Rooster your best bet is to go with a breeder that breeds for temperment as well Quality. Sandy

I have several pens of roosters of different breeds. Some are breeders waiting in the bachelor's pad, others are waiting to be processed. None of them have ever been aggressive toward any human. My grandkids were visiting a couple weeks ago and helped do chores. None of them bothered the kids at all. My grandkids are 7-8-9 year olds. I don't think aggression is breed specific. ANY breed can have a bad rooster. You just have to watch for that.

31282_8-13-11m052.jpg

31282_8-13-11stuff005.jpg

Back
Top Bottom