Roosters crow at night???

My rooster crows all hours day or night. Not necessarily all night but I have heard him crowing almost any hour of the day or night. He is good to crow when someone or something comes on the place, he's better at warning me of things than my 8 'watch' dogs. I kind-of like hearing him crow at all hours, but I think I'm in the minority there.
Tina

Mine crows starting around 4:00 a.m. And doesn't stop for a long time, sometimes 2-3 hours. Needless to say, he is not winning any popularity contests in m neighborhood whereby we have small lots.

My (multiple) Roosters crow all the time at night. I guess one gets startled by my rowdy neighbors or something and once one goes off they all have to chime in it seems. I have a batch of young roosters that especially get going. Luckily they're gonna be on the dinner table before too long.
droolin.gif

My silkie starting crowing in the night recently too...I realized it was usually when my husband came home late in the night while talking on his mobile...so I guess it must be something to do with being disturbed. I read somewhere they usually crow at night if they see any lights as it confuses them with dawn, or if they hear anything around the property to raise the alarm. My silkie roo has recently also taken to sleeping outside of the actual coop (but still in the enclosure) with one of his girls where he is exposed to our garden wall lamps, even though they are not so bright. I guess this affects his crowing too. However, if he does sleep inside the actual coop, where it is dark, he is quiet at night. I would suggest making sure the coop is very dark at night.

I feel super appropriate naming my rooster Orpheus as he starts singing around 4am, in the dark. Luckily my bedroom is on the opposite side of the house. We also may have designed things so it throws the sound outward, towards some neighbors who may or may not constantly set off fireworks and have dogs that bark constantly. ;)

I feel super appropriate naming my rooster Orpheus as he starts singing around 4am, in the dark. Luckily my bedroom is on the opposite side of the house. We also may have designed things so it throws the sound outward, towards some neighbors who may or may not constantly set off fireworks and have dogs that bark constantly. ;)
Hahaha!!! That's funny! I would be so mad if mine crowed at 4am!!! Mine starts about 7-8 am...not too bad I must say! It'll change tho next month with time change!!
1f601.png

Back
Top Bottom